New Delhi: Under the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme phase –II (TEQIP-II), IITs have taken up pedagogical training of the faculty of the engineering colleges.
The details of the workshops and teachers from engineering colleges from states who participated in the training Programmes may be seen at http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/Annexure%20to%203748.pdf
Some of the benefits accrued by the training programmes at IITs as given in feedback form of the participants are as below:
• Overall improvements in Teaching and Learning methodologies
• Enhancement of competencies in their own domains R&D and Innovation
• Development of Curriculum that suits the industry needs and specifically the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
• Increase in Industrial Consultancy/Research Projects
• Increase in the Publications in Refereed Journals, Patents etc.
• Course contents of IITs training were at par with World Class Technology
• Encouraged personality development of the participants
This information was given by the Minister of State (HRD), Dr. Satya Pal Singh today in a written reply to a Lok Sabha question.