New Delhi: Minister of State of Railways, Shri Rajen Gohain flagged off a new Antyodaya train viz. 22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly) from Kolkata today.
Features of Antyodaya Express:-
The coaches in Antyodaya Express are fully unreserved LHB second class coaches with the following additional amenities:
- Cushioned luggage racks which can serve as seats
- Additional hand holds in doorway area
- J-Hook near longitudinal luggage racks
- Multiple Unit cables at both ends of the coach
- Vestibuled ends for internal movement of the passengers
- Potable Drinking water dispenser
- Mobile charging points
- Fire Extinguisher with anti-theft lock
- FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) Modular Toilets
- Pleasing interior colour scheme
- Toilet Occupation indication display board
- LED Lights
- SS Slip-free flooring at Doorway & Gangway
- Anti-Graffiti coating for exterior painting
The abstract schedule including timings, composition, stoppages etc. of the train services is as under:
- 22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
|Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly)||↓||Station||↑||Chennai Central-Santragachi Antyodaya Express (Weekly)|
|–||19.00 (Mon)||Santragachi(SRC)||10.25 (Thu)|
|22.45 (Tue)||Chennai Central(MAS)||08.10 (Wed)|
- Days of run: Ex- Santragachi (SRC): Monday
Ex-Chennai Central (MAS): Wednesday
- One way distance: 1656 Kms.
- Journey time:
From SRC to MAS: 27 HR. 45 Min
From MAS to SRC: 26 HR 15 Min.
- Stoppages: Kharagpur, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur Keonjhar Road, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Khurda Road, Balugaon, Chatrapur, Brahampur, Sompetta, Palasa, Srikakulam Road, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, Duvvada, Ankapalle, Samalkot jn., Rajahmundry, Eluru, Vijaywada, Chirala, Ongole, Nellore, Gudur, Sullurupetta.
- Composition of regular service: LS(General Coach)-16, LWLRRM(Power Car)-2 = 18 coaches