New Delhi: As many as 6 monuments/historical sites in the North Eastern states have been identified tentatively for listing under World Heritage Site.
Details of monuments/sites identified/placed under tentative list for listing under world heritage in the north eastern states are given below:
- Apatani Cultural Landscape, Arunachal Pradesh
- Iconic Saree Weaving Clusters of India
- Moidams – the Mound – Burial System of the Ahom Dynasty, Assam
- Namdapha National Park, Arunachal Pradesh
- River Island of Majuli in midstream of Brahmaputra River in Assam
- Thembang Fortified Village, Arunachal Pradesh
A total of 83 monuments/sites of the North-Eastern States are centrally protected under the Archaeological Survey of India.
Expenditure incurred on centrally protected monuments / sites in north eastern region of the country (state- wise) during the last three years
|Sl.No.||Name of State||Expenditure (Rupees in lakhs)|
This information was given by Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Minister of State for Environment, Forest & Climate Change Dr. Mahesh Sharma in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.