New Delhi: The Ministry of Women and Child Development is implementing the Swadhar Greh Scheme which targets the women victims of difficult circumstances who are in need of institutional support for rehabilitation so that they could lead their life with dignity. The Scheme envisages providing shelter, food, clothing and health as well as economic and social security for these women.
As per guidelines of the Swadhar Greh Scheme, to seek financial assistance the agency should meet following requirements:
- The agency should be either recognized by State/UT under existing law or should be well known with the experience or working in the field for at least 3 years and its work should be reported satisfactory by the State Govt./UT Administration concerned.
- It should ordinarily have been engaged in the field of women’s welfare/social welfare for a minimum period of two years
- Its financial position should be sound
- It should have facilities, resources, experience and personnel to undertake the management of such project
- It should run Swadhar Greh on a no-profit basis and
- It should have facilities like computers, internet connection etc at Swadhar Greh.
The State Governments/UT Administration invite applications from eligible organizations and the proposals which fulfil the norms are placed before a Project Sanctioning Committee (PSC) chaired by Secretary(WCD) of the State/UT concerned and comprising representatives from the Finance and Labour Department of the State/UT in addition to any other representative as the State Government/UT administration may decide. The State Governments/UT Administrations assess the number of new projects required in the State/UT and communicate to the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, along with the justification by 30th September of every year. Subject to availability of resources, the central Government communicates number of projects those can be approved and make necessary provision in the budget of subsequent financial year.
Swadhar Greh is a DBT compliant scheme. Gazette Notification has been issued and the same has been forwarded to the State Governments/UT Administrations with the request to furnish the data of beneficiaries.
This information was given by Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi in reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.